Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

Whoa!  It's Thursday again!  And we got a surprise visit from Lulu yesterday.  See, I'm telling y'all she's really the talented one in the family.  She has so many cool things in her craft room.  Seriously, the other day I was at her house in total awe at the fabrics she has.  In my head I could see all these awesome creations, but alas time. . . there's never enough time.

There are so many things to be thankful for today.  But, mostly, I'm excited that tomorrow is Sweet Boy's FIRST Wee Ball practice!  He is so happy and has been looking forward to it all week.  His daddy is supposed to go buy him a bat and glove this afternoon and I can't wait to see Sweet Boy's face when his dad brings it in.  I'll take pics of his first practice (of course!!)  and be sure to share them with y'all next week.

Now, I'm going to be honest about something.  I'm a lurker.  Seriously, I read so many blogs and forums and NEVER post or comment.  I love to read so sometimes instead of reading a book I'll find a new blog I like and go back several years and read into the present.  It's so much fun.  But, since I have this annoying habit of reading blogs like novels now that I have started (trying) to write this blog it's hard for me to find my "voice".  Does that make sense?  Like, obviously from previous posts, I'm a Christian and I love the Lord.  But do I want to write about that all of the time?  No, probably not.  I'm also a wife and mother.  And as much as I love my husband and son I don't really want to write about them all the time either.  Now I know we started this blog to show our crafts & items we'll be selling on Etsy soon.  And we are going to be doing that, too.  But, how interesting is a blog that's only trying to sell you stuff all the time?  In my opinion, not very interesting.  And then there are those blogs I read that are so sarcastically funny that I'm absolutely laughing until I cry the whole time I read them.  But, to be honest with myself. . . I'm not really that funny.  So, I'm asking you to be patient with us while I find my "voice".

The thought running through my mind today is:
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: 
for my strength is made perfect in weakness. . . 
1 Corinthians 12:9


~Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment