Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday!


This morning I was running late dropping off Sweet Boy at Mother's Day Out.  He attends at the big Methodist Church downtown which is right across the street from the big Baptist Church.  As I opened the door to begin the hike back to my car (we have to park a bazillion miles away) I immediately heard the sweetest sound.  Now I'm not sure if they do this daily and I just miss it because of my schedule, but this morning the Baptist Church was playing "I Come to the Garden Alone" over their loud speaker so the WHOLE downtown area could hear it.  Everything around me was just, honestly, it was beautiful.  Just one of those moments where everything seemed. . . right.  It was like I just knew that everything was just as the Lord wanted it in my life.  Not perfect, but right. 

Last year my sister-in-law chose the word "Listen" to apply to her life and make her a better person.  This morning was one of those times where I was listening and the Lord spoke to me.  And I don't mean like I heard a James Earl Jones voice talking to me.  See, it seems like I have been in a struggle for so long.  Sometimes I've even wondered if the Lord has just let me go(which I KNOW he hasn't, but sometimes we can't help the thoughts that come to us).  But, that moment was just enough to remind that He's still working with me.  He reminded me that I can do all things through Him; that He is where I go to receive strength.

So that is what I am thankful for today.  Those moments were everything is good and right and you're reminded that you can overcome any situation with the Lord's help.

-Joy

2 comments: