Monday, February 27, 2012

Sweet Boy!

Introducing Sweet Boy!  This was taken last summer when he was only 2.  Now he's 3 1/2 and even wilder and crazier, if that's possible.  I tell him everyday that he is My Sunshine.  I mean look at that face. . . isn't he just the cutest boy you've ever seen??  Today I want to share a few facts about Sweet Boy so in the future you'll know just a bit more about him when I reference him.
  1. Sweet Boy is a Thomas fanatic and has been since he was just a little over a year old.
  2. He is very loving and tells everyone "Goodbye, Be Careful, I love you!" when they leave.  And when I say everyone I mean everyone.  Total strangers, the mail carrier, everyone.
  3. He has never went to daycare.  He stays with me at work most days, and attends a Mother's Day Out program 2x a week.
  4. Sweet Boy is ready for a baby sister.  Lately, he's been saying "I want a baby.  Will you get her for me when I turn 4?"
  5. We definitely planned for Sweet Boy.  We were young when we got married (only 20) so we waited a looooong time (6 years) to get pregnant.  By the time he was born we were 27.
  6. Sweet Boy has a great appetite, but he definitely picked up his Mom's odd eating habits.  I don't like to bite into things so I eat everything with a fork or by pulling it apart into little pieces.  Yes, even sandwiches, burgers, pizza.  He has definitely caught on to this.  Sometimes he refuses to eat until we "take it apart".
  7. He's "Mommy's best friend" and "Daddy's buddy"
  8. Currently, he can count to 10 and knows his ABC's.  He knows colors and most basic shapes (square, rectangle, circle, oval).
  9. This kid can TALK!  And he talks super fast.  Sometimes people can't understand and I have to interpret for them.  But it's not because of baby talk - it's just because he talks too fast.
  10. Sweet Boy is definitely spoiled rotten.  Not with material things, but definitely with attention.  I have a huge family and we're very involved with our church.  Right now he's the baby of 17 grandchildren (not for long, though) and he's known as the "church baby" within our church family.
I plan to share a few "facts" about Sweet Boy every few weeks.  I haven't been very good about documenting his life, and maybe I can use this Blog to help me with that.  I have tons of pictures, but I haven't been good about writing down his little sayings and firsts.  Of course, I'll always have them in my heart :) 

My verse for today:

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
                                                                                                                                                            Isaiah 54:13

I pray you all have a great week!

-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment