Friday, August 24, 2012

Changes, New Jobs and Crafty Stuff!!

Still looking for the gold at the end of the rainbow!
Wow!  Is today really August 24th?  Has it really been 4 months since either of us posted?  The only explanation that I have is that a lot of things have happened since April.  I guess the most important is that Joy went and got a real paying job!  It's hard to believe.  She has managed our parents' business for over 7 years, but with the economy the business has declined.  She is still managing their books but isn't managing the retail store anymore.  My husband has recently started his own business and I'm running his office from home.  I love it!  Which brings us to why you've not seen a post for 4 months; you all know that I am not a committed writer.  I am going to try to do better though and my hubby is begging me to start actually selling my items instead of just giving them away.  Joy may pop in every once in awhile; she's not completely out of the loop she's just extremely busy now.  It'll take her a month or two to figure out how to juggle everything and still find time to do her crafty things.

I do have a few new items that I've made, but yes, I gave these as gifts too.  I can recreate them for anyone who is interested.  I guess I like making things for someone specifically.  I like having that person in mind and putting all my time and love into making the perfect items just for them.  Our brother & his wife are expecting their first child.  It's a little girl and all these items were made for her.  Our newest addition is expected to arrive on September 26th.  This will be my parents' 18th grandchild.  We are so excited and I can't wait to show you pictures of the baby in this special outfits.

Peasant Dress, Bloomers, 2 burp cloths, headband with bow, and matching shoes

Peasant Dress (pattern from Sew Much Ado) with Bloomers

2 burp cloths made with 6 ply Gerber cloth diapers

University of Alabama pillowcase dress, 2 burp cloths, and headband with matching bow

2 burp cloths; one made with 6 ply Gerber Cloth Diaper and the other backed with soft minky fabric

Layette/Gown, pacifier clip, headband with matching flower, and 2 burp cloths

2 burp cloths backed with soft Minky fabric

White Eyelet Blanket
Let me know if you are interested in an original gift set just for your little one.  I love creating baby clothes and would love to make something special just for you!

~Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment